Qualcomm Snapdragon 768G will deliver Immersive Gaming Experience and Exceptional Performance

We have already seen a lot of smartphones released in 2020 that are having Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 765 chipset. But this isn’t where Qualcomm gave itself a full-stop from further designing processors. Yesterday, Qualcomm has officially announced an upgraded version of the 765 chip called as the Snapdragon 768G. The 768G Mobile Platform – the successor of the 765G, is designed specifically for mobile gaming.

The company states that this chipset offers immersive gaming experiences along with the real integration of truly global 5G. According to the chip-designing company, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 768G offers a faster variant as compared to its predecessor. 768G is equipped with a stronger CPU and GPU. It can control displays with up to 120Hz refresh rate.

Read: Intel Core i9-10900k may Perform 30% faster than its Predecessor

Faster Graphics Rendering in Snapdragon 768G

One of the major features that this chip holds is the Qualcomm Artificial Intelligence (AI) Engine. Apart from that, it also features a Qualcomm Hexagon Processor to control pragmatic gameplay. An impressive feature of this chip is that it is pin-compatible with the Qualcomm 765G. This means that smartphone manufacturers can easily switch to the newer 768G version without much development effort.

Now let’s discuss the graphics rendering of the latest chipset. Well, talking about that, according to Qualcomm, the 765G already has a 10% faster Adreno 620 as compared that in Snapdragon 675 without the “G”. Whereas, the latest 768G chip has an additional 15% Adreno 620 as compared to the Snapdragon 765G model. This means that there is a total of 25% improvement in the graphics rendering of the 768G model as compared to its predecessor 765. This improved 620 GPU will help in delivering imagery and seamless animations in even the most complicated game types.

Snapdragon 768G

Impressive Efficiency

The new 768G processor clocks up to 2.8 GHz, a major jump as compared to the 2.4 GHz clock frequency of the 765 processors. It is based on the same two Kryo 475 cores as it predecessors and also the usual Cortex A-55 cores are embedded for basic operations. Four exactly similar Kryo 475 Silver are placed in the 768 chip that has a clock frequency of up to 1.8 GHz. This will greatly boost up the performance and improve the efficiency of the smartphones having it.

Also read: Qualcomm X60 Modem – A new 5G Modem with a Download Speed of 7.5Gbps

Other Features

The other key features majorly ree main the same as the previous ones. It includes the integrated Snapdragon X52 multi-mode modem. This modem is still Qualcomm’s only 5G integrated modem that covers 2G to 5G. Snapdragon 768G expects to deliver exceptional speeds of 1.6Gbps upstream and 3.7Gbps downstream. This speed means Qualcomm is getting closer to the mmWave 5G site with this chipset. Apart from that, Qualcomm is also extending its variety of elite gaming features.

Via: InceptiveMind

Ayesha Khan

Ayesha Khan was a Content Writer and Digital Marketer at Codematics Inc. She has done her BS in Electronic Engineering. In her free time, you can find her cooking meals, reading books or watching Kdramas. Search for her articles under the hashtag #AKArticle on LinkedIn and Twitter.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.