Huawei at its launch event yesterday on 19th August unveiled a bunch of products majorly laptops. It showcased the Matebook X 2020 laptops and Huawei’s first-ever Matebook B business laptops. Apart from the amazing laptop line, Huawei also revealed something that surprised all the people and left them in awe. That something is the Huawei x Gentle Monster Eyewear II smart glasses. Huawei in collaboration with Gentle Monster will be launching Eyewear II smart glasses. Interestingly, nobody knew these glasses would be revealed at the event.
Basically, there was speculation that the smart glasses would be released alongside the launch of the Mate40 series. Nobody was expecting this thunderbolt because the first generation product and its new designs debuted at the P30 and P40 series events respectively. But thanks to Huawei, we’ll now get to see the new design and specs of smart glasses quite earlier than our expectations.
Specs of Huawei x Gentle Monster Eyewear II
Now, we’ll discuss some of the prominent specs of the smart glasses that were launched by Huawei in collaboration with Gentle Monster.
- New Design and Case: The newly launched Huawei x Eyewear II features the exact same technology as its predecessor. The only difference in both is that Eyewear II sports a new design. The smart glasses released in the launch event have a little bit of different design than its first-generation glasses. Another difference from its previous glasses is that it comes with a redesigned carrying case.
- Versatile Collection: The Huawei and Gentle Monster II collaboration give you a versatile collection of glasses to choose from. The collection includes 4 different types of sunglasses. All smart glasses satisfy your imaginations in accordance to different occasions.
- Frame: The frame of these smart glasses is made of titanium alloy. The eyewear has an opening and closing range of 12-degree.
- Audio system: The glasses also sport an audio system. Basically, the temple of the smart glasses features speakers with custom 128 mm to the square diaphragm on either side to facilitate stereo sound effects. Gentle Monster claims a maximum output of only 12dB of audio. Moreover, the temple also controls playback music, accept/decline calls, and access voice assistant via touch gestures just like the original Huawei Eyewear.
- Type-C Charging: The charging case of the new smart glasses is rectangular in size. It supports the USB Type-C charging port and the LED indicator of the eyewear has been moved to the center.
The Huawei in collaboration with Gentle Monster eyewear comes in four different designs.
- Smart Myma
- Smart Alio
- Smart Catta
Pricing and Availability
The Huawei Eyewear II will be available in China from September 1 for pre-ordering and will go on sale from September 10. The price of the Smart Verona and Catta is $362 while the Myma and Alio come with a price of $391.
Now talking about availability, it will be available in multiple countries. As the previous generation was widely available in different regions too.