Bose is finally ready to reenter the competitive market of truly wireless earbuds with two new exciting products. Yesterday, on 9 September, the company announced both the noise-canceling QuietComfort Earbuds and the Sports Earbuds. Although they got a bit late while launching these earbuds in the wireless earbuds category, they’ve made quite the entrance. The price of the Bose QuietComfort Earbuds is $279 while that of the Bose Sports Earbuds is $179.
Bose with the QuietComfort Earbuds promises to deliver the best noise-cancellation and better battery life than its previous earbuds. Another plus of these earbuds is that they weight an airy 0.3 ounces which is very light for the ear. These earbuds seem to be quite a tough competition for AirPods Pro and seem to earn the highest spot on our supreme wireless earbuds list. But before confirming that these are the best ones available in the market, let’s get deep into some of its details.
Bose QuietComfort Earbuds Design
The design of the QuietComfort Earbuds seems to be quite encaptivating. It is a pill-shaped structure with gel tips that extend back into the person’s ear to increase stability. The company named them as the StayHear Max Tips and claims that they give excellent stability and comfort.
- Comfy Umbrella-shaped Ear Nozzle: Furthermore, the company says that the umbrella shape of the ear nozzle fits gently to the unique contours of the ear. Thus creating a tight but comfortable seal. This type of ear nozzle design helps to minimize noise and better the quality of sound.
- Flexible Wings and EarTips: The QuietComfort Earbuds also have an extended flexible wing that fits comfortably along the ridge of the user’s ear. These earbuds genuinely come fitted with medium ear tips, but there are options for large and small ear tips for users as well. In this way, the user can find the best match for their ear tips that fits them perfectly.
- Earbuds Touch Control: Adding to that, the earbuds feature an intuitive touch interface instead of buttons. The touch interface lets the user control their content with a few simple gestures. In terms of their operation, both the left and right earbuds control specific functions.
- Right Earbud: You’ve to simply double-tap to play and pause your content. The same goes for answering or ending a call. In case you want to access your voice assistant, press and hold the earbud and it’ll be done. Also, if you want to decline an incoming call, press and hold your earbud and the action will be performed.
- Left Earbud: In case you want to go through your 3 favorite levels of noise-cancellation, simply double-tap the left earbud. Moreover, if you want to access your shortcut setup in the Bose Music app, simply press and hold your left earbud.
- Sweat and Weather Resistant: Another aspect of the Bose QuietComfort Earbuds design is that they’re sweat and weather-resistant. This means you can use them even while you’re in an intense workout, or out in the rainy weather.
QuietComfort Earbuds Noise-Cancellation
The company claims that the Bose QuietComfort Earbuds are the best wireless earbuds in terms of noise-cancellation. It further says that these earbuds are designed to “deliver noise-canceling that’s comparable to our most powerful branded headphones.” These earbuds use a combination of patented active and passive noise cancellation innovations to effectively filter out the noise.
The QuietComfort Earbuds also offer transparency mode. This mode lets you hear the sound in the earbuds and the outside world as well. With this feature, people can commute greatly where attention is needed in the surroundings. Moreover, the custom-designed microphone of the earbuds allows users to make clear and noise-free calls.
Bose also says that you’ll have the choice of virtual assistants that are Google Assistant and Alexa similar to the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700.
Bose QuietComfort Earbuds Battery Life
The listening time of the Bose QuietComfort Earbuds is about 5-6 hours. Whereas the battery life of the wireless charging case is an additional 12 hours which makes it a total of 18 hours of tunes. In case you’re completely out of power, a 15-minute charge will give you up to 2 hours of battery life. In addition to that, you can charge your earbuds with any Qi-certified compatible wireless charging mat.
The earbuds are compatible with Bluetooth 5.1 which means you can quickly pair it with your device. The Bluetooth connectivity remains within 30 feet of your paired device.
QuietComfort Earbuds Release Date and Price
The Bose QuietComfort Earbuds costs $279 and will be available from September 29. You can also pre-order them Bose official website here. You can choose from two color options Triple Black and Soapstone. Both feature a metallic glossy finish as well as a matte finish.
Ayesha Khan is a Content Writer and Digital Marketer at Codematics Inc. She has done her BS in Electronic Engineering. In her free time, you can find her cooking meals, reading books or watching Kdramas. Search for her articles under the hashtag #AKArticle on LinkedIn and Twitter.