6G (Sixth Generation) Network is the inheritor to the existing 5G cellular network. This network will be able to provide significantly higher capacities and considerably lower dormancy. 6G Network will use much higher frequencies than 5G technology. While the major goal of the 6G technology will be to support 1 micro-second dormancy communications. Representing 1000 times faster or 1-1000th the dormancy than the one-millisecond output. It will make possible the enormous improvements in the field of imaging, presence technology, and location awareness. Also, artificial intelligence will be optimized through it. That will be able to regulate the best range for computing to occur including decisions about data sharing, processing, and storage.
How fast will it be?
6G Network will be able to deliver a speed of 1 terabyte per second (1 Tbps). Along with a latency rate of less than 1 microsecond and the capacity will be unprecedented.
Read Also: 5th Generation Network (5G) – Next Level of Internet Speed
6G Vs 5G:
- 6G Network will be able to provide much better throughput than 5G.
- Its high frequency of up to 1 Terahertz will have the capability to enable much higher sampling rates.
- It will extend the room for capabilities in support of increasingly new and innovative applications like sensing, imaging, and wireless cognition.
- Mobile Edge Computing (MEC) will be built into all 6G networks, unlike the 5G networks.
- 6G Network will have improved access to artificial intelligence capabilities.
- 6G Network will have big implications in critical asset protection and public safety like health monitoring, threat detection air quality measurements and facial recognition.
- It will also integrate previous technologies like big data analytics and deep learning
When will the 6G Network Come Out?
6G Network is expected to launch worldwide in 2030. According to the latest news the big 3 Sony, Intel, and NTT have announced to form a partnership to work on 6G mobile network technology. These Tech Giants have also decided to invite other major global companies to participate which also includes partners from China. The organization’s main goal is to manufacture more advanced semiconductors with the help of which the companies will be able to create smartphones. These smartphones will have the capability to last up to 1 year on a single charge.
So in short, with the help of 6G Network, we may have more powerful VR and AR systems, AI at our fingertips, intelligent robotics, interconnected cities and much much more. There will be a new revolution in this globe which will surely bring technology to the next level of innovation.
You may like to Read: LiFi Technology – Is it the New form of Wi-Fi?
Ayesha Khan is a Content Writer and Digital Marketer at Codematics Inc. She has done her BS in Electronic Engineering. In her free time, you can find her cooking meals, reading books or watching Kdramas. Search for her articles under the hashtag #AKArticle on LinkedIn and Twitter.